Training Recap: June 16-29
Over the last few weeks I have begun to stack up the miles and the hills. I am officially registered for the Burning River 100 Mile (BR100) in Ohio on July 27. BR 100 hosts the USATF 100 Mile National Trail Championships. I am very excited to go after the 100 mile distance again this summer.
I have been training a bit differently the last few weeks in preparation for BR100. The biggest difference is the amount of hill work. My hill training was sorely lacking this past winter and spring. Now that school is out, I have a bit more freedom to roam around and find some good hills. I have focused on a lot of my hill work at Lapham Peak on the Southern Unit of Kettle Moraine as well as the bluffs of Devil’s Lake State Park. I have done little in terms of speed work, but will squeeze in a few fast workouts in the coming weeks before I begin to taper for BR100. Below is an outline of how I structured my last couple weeks of training.
Hill Training Workout Locations
- Tuesday (06/18): Lapham Peak (2 black loops, and one tower road climb)
- Wednesday (06/19): Lapham Peak (2 black loops)
- Sunday (06/23): In Manitowoc, Schuette Park base to top of Broadway Hill x 5
- Tuesday (06/25): In Milwaukee, on North Avenue
- Wednesday (06/26): Lapham Peak (2 black loops)
- Friday (06/28): Devil's Lake East Bluff
- Saturday (06/29): Devil's Lake East and West Bluffs